Expect lots of fun. Lots of laughs. Lots of hugs, kisses, and snuggles. Whether booking a mini session or a full lifestyle session, I'm so excited for you to consider me to document this special time in your lives. I can guarantee you that having your family photographed in an authentic, lifestyle-like approach will help you hold on to these moments - your pregnancy, the baby years, the toddler years, whatever years you want me to document and freeze time for! I know how stressful having your family photographed can be, and I'm here to help make it a fun experience, but I'm committed to telling your family story as honest as I can, and how crazy it may seem ;)
Inquire about my availability. Many times I'm booked months in advance, but contact me to see when my next openings are!
Book your date! Pay $50 deposit to hold your session date. This $50 counts towards your entire session fee.
Fill out the questionnaire which tells me more about your family, and anything special to include in your session.
Once your date is on my calendar, your deposit paid, and the questionnaire is filled out, you'll hear from me about a week before your session to finalize the location and time.
I love to shoot families when the sun is working to my advantage. In summer this means evenings work best, but in the spring and fall, both early mornings and evenings may be possible! I've even booked sessions in the winter (with snow!!) so if that is something you are interested in, don't hesitate to reach out!
I also love to shoot milestone and family sessions in your home if you are comfortable with it. Your home must have great light for this to be an option.
Most sessions will take place within the Waukesha county area. I love to shoot in a variety of settings and have favorite spots always picked out, and am finding new locations constantly. If you have a certain preference as to location setting, I will do my best to accommodate that.
*There is a travel fee for any session that takes place more than 15 miles from my location in Pewaukee. Inquire to find out more information. Mini Session Days will always be in a pre-selected location.
Finding the perfect outfit for your family session may take a little bit of work, but you probably have great pieces already in your closet that could work together! Use these tips below to help formulate a plan. If you need help deciding what to wear, I'd love to help with that!
5 TIPS FOR FAMILIES
1. Coordinate your outfits by finding a color palette you love and finding pieces that compliment one another. Avoid matchy-matchy and black & white as your main color. Soft, muted colors look great for my style of photography, please avoid bright hues.
2. Layer and add accessories with a hat, headbands, necklace, jacket, or vests.
3. Wear clothes that are fashionable, yet still functional for the location. Keep in mind we will be moving around!
4. When it comes to patterns, avoid stripes and logos. A good rule of thumb is have one patterned outfit for every three people included in the session. Floral, polka dots, simple graphic patterns and some plaids work great!
5. Shoes! Remember that you'll want them to be comfortable as we move around, but please stay away from white or character themed shoes, athletic shoes, and bulky soles.
6. If you are looking to purchase new clothes, my favorite is Old Navy, as they are super affordable, coordinate well from baby sizes to adults sizes and have timeless pieces that photograph well.
If you need some visuals, here's two pinterest boards to help get some ideas of great outfits that work well together!
Lifestyle sessions are all about telling an honest story of your family, I like to keep props to a minimum - all we need is your family to tell that story. Depending on the location, I will always have a blanket/quilt with me for us to use, as well an old box/crate. I occasionally have access to a wagon, sled and other fun props if we can incorporate them into the session in a natural way.
If you have questions about including certain items in your photo session, don't hesitate to contact me!
A few other tips to help the session run smoothly...
Once your session is over you'll receive your digital gallery within 1-2 weeks. You'll receive your digital images in both color and black and white. You'll be able to download them all, along with a PDF for the printing rights. You'll also be able to share with family and friend easily. You will have the option to order prints and products through the online gallery which is the only way I can guarantee 100% color accuracy.
I always love to post a sneak peek on social media (Facebook and instagram) within 1-2 days. So watch for that!
Thank you for allowing me to capture this special time in your families lives, it means SO much!